WHY EATING A PLANT BASED DIET IS GOOD FOR THE ENVIORMENT

I recently saw an article that in 50 years 75% of humans globally are going to be eating a plant-based diet.  About 5 years ago, I decided to be come a Pescetarian.  If you do not know what a pescetarian is I follow a vegetarian diet and eat seafood.  I only eat wild caught seafood not farm raised.   

I did this for my health but also to reduce my carbon footprint.  Below are some key reasons that having a vegan/pescetarian diet is good for the environment:

1.      Reduce Greenhouse Gasses:  Animal agriculture is a major contributor to methane and nitrous oxide emissions, both potent greenhouse gases.

2.      Conservation of Resources:  Plant-based diets require less land, water, and food resources compared to diets heavy in animal products.

3.      Preservation of Biodiversity:  By reducing demand for animal products, we can help prevent habitat destruction and preserve biodiversity.

4.      Water Conservation:  Animal agriculture is water-intensive, and switching to plant-based diets can help conserve water resources.

5.      Mitigating Climate Chage:  The livestock sector significantly contributes to climate change; transitioning to vegan diets can help reduce this impact and promote a more sustainable future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog